As COVID-19 continues to be a concern for fruit and vegetable growers, Clemson Extension agents are still on duty. Don’t hesitate to call or email your local agent should any need arise. COVID-19 resources will be shared on this page. Check back regularly, as new resources will be posted as they are made available.
Notice of Essential Food and Agriculture Employees:
As of 5 PM on 4/7/20, SC is under a “work or home order” from Governor McMaster.
- The Commissioner of Agriculture, Hugh Weathers has drafted a Notice of Essential Food and Agricultural Employee form that farms may fill out for each employee certifying them as an essential employee.
- Employees should keep this form with them while commuting to and from work.
- Commissioner Weathers also sent this letter to the law enforcement community in regards to his notice.
Clemson Extension Information:
- All non-essential Extension programs statewide have been canceled through at least May 15, 2020.
- County Extension offices are closed to the public until further notice.
- Clemson’s Ag Service lab remains open and processing soil and plant samples. Wait times for sample results may take a little longer as only part of the lab’s staff is working right now.
- Take a look at the new Clemson Extension Horticulture Facebook page for other resources and updates.
- Clemson’s Agribusiness team’s marketing resources
- SC Dept. of Agriculture’s list of SC farms and businesses offering delivery, on-farm pickup, CSAs, and other social distancing options
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association’s list of farms offering curbside pickup or call ahead orders. Click here to have your fam added.
U-Pick and Agritourism Operations:
U-Pick operations have not been prohibited by the Governor’s home or work order. If you choose to allow U-Pick, limit the number of customers allowed in the field at one time and try to spread customers out as much as possible.
- SCDA Guidelines for U-Pick During the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Clemson Extension Food Safety agent Chad Carter’s list of information and resources for U-Pick and agritourism operations.
- NC State’s food safety resources
AgriSafe Webinar “What Ag Producers Need to Know About COVID-19”